Hobo's On the Run.

Summer breeze of, Aug 1931. Thousands and thousands of people were leaving their hometown to find a job, that's how desperate everyone was becoming. People started leaving because of the Dust Bowl too. Killing their farmlands and plants, and others were getting real ill because of that. Therefore I felt I needed to do the same.. but I couldn't leave my mother out here and my younger siblings alone. I had a tough decision too make at that point, but if I stayed nothing would ever change, it felt like a do or die moment. I didn't know much about leaving and becoming a hobo, all I eve knew was jumping from train to train, town to town and hitch hike. Sounded scary since I was gonna be with people I don't know, but to be able to give my mom and my siblings a better life, I had to man up. Other people from the plains were consider Okies. They're were somewhat apart of the hobo's too. Hobo's were always getting into trouble because they didn't belong anywhere near the trains, they would fight for food and steal too. So that would mean I would have to act like a guy, and look like one, so no one would under estimate me.. Maybe its time to go bald, and leave everything behind to give my mother the life she never had.

No comments:

Post a Comment