Depression Hits Us Rock Bottom


It's November 22, 1929. Not very long ago depression hit among us all. I'm the oldest one out of 10  children. I have 3 sisters which are triplets and 6 brothers. My mother whom is very ill and can not take care of us, lays in bed all day, while I'm out working or stealing food from others. My father had left us when I was 8. I am 17 right now, I actually just turned 17, right on the day where everything went wrong; October 29 is my birthday. Which was my favorite day of all time, but this year.. Its now the worst and memorable day of my life. So when 'Black Tuesday' hit, I had no clue what was going on. There was flyers everywhere saying something about the word 'Depression.' I had to ask my neighbors what was going on, and they gave me this much information here. Overproduction, Too much credit were being use, Uneven Distribution of Wealth, Stock Market were being shut down and Depression time is right in my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment